Corn is one of the world’s most popular cereal grains. It’s the seed of a plant in the grass family, native to Central America but grown in countless varieties worldwide.
Whole-grain corn is as healthy as any cereal grain, as it’s rich in fiber and many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.||1 KG
OKRA or Lady Finger is a flowering plant known for its edible seed pods. It’s cultivated in warm and tropical climates.||1 KG
Yard Bean (Barbati) is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Iron, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Vitamin C, Folate, Magnesium and Manganese.
Although carrots are available throughout the year, locally grown carrots are in season in the summer and fall when they are the freshest and most flavorful.||100Gms
|Content||The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world’s main food crops. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour, used in baking and as a thickener.||Corn is one of the world’s most popular cereal grains. It’s the seed of a plant in the grass family, native to Central America but grown in countless varieties worldwide.||Okra or Lady Finger is low in calories and carbs and contains some protein and fiber. Many fruits and vegetables lack protein, which makes okra somewhat unique.
- Carbs: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Magnesium: 14% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Folate: 15% of the DV
- Vitamin A: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 26% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 26% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 14% of the DV
- Yard-long beans are one of the ancient cultivated crops. Young, immature pods are one of the very low-calorie vegetables; 100 g beans contain just 47 calories.
- The pods contain large quantities of soluble and insoluble fibers. Since the entire green pod is eaten as in green beans, sufficient amount of dietary fiber is obtained in the diet. Dietary fiber helps to protect the colon mucosa by reducing its exposure time to toxic substances as well as by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon. Fiber rich food also found to reduce LDL-cholesterol levels by decreasing reabsorption of cholesterol binding bile acids in the colon.
- Fresh yard-long beans are one of the finest sources of folates. 100 g beans provide 62 µg or 15% of daily requirement of folates. Folate along with vitamin B-12 is one of the essential components of DNA synthesis and cell division. Adequate folate in the diet around conception and during pregnancy may help prevent neural-tube defects in the newborns.
- Fresh beans contain a good amount of vitamin-C. 100 g yard-long beans provide 18.8 mg, or 31% of vitamin-C. Vitamin-C is a powerful water-soluble antioxidant, and when adequately provided in the diet, it helps build immunity to combat infections, contribute to maintaining blood vessel elasticity, and offer some protection from cancers.
Although carrots are available throughout the year, locally grown carrots are in season in the summer and fall when they are the freshest and most flavorful. Carrots belong to the Umbelliferae family, named after the umbrella-like flower clusters that plants in this family produce.||Curry Leaves|
There are no reviews yet.