Actinidia Chinensis commonly known as Golden Kiwi is a fruit tree as well as a medicinal plant native to China – the central and eastern provinces. The plant belongs to Actinidiaceae (Chinese gooseberry family) and is normally pollinated by bees.
- Kiwi fruit is a cure for Insomnia. It improves the quality and duration of sleep. Eating 1 to 2 Kiwi fruits before bedtime is recommended for a person with a Sleep disorder.
- A high amount of antioxidants present in the Kiwi fruit fights against the free radicals.
- It prevents damage to the DNA cells which may cause Inflammation and Cancer.
- It improves the functioning of the Immune system and increases the resistance in combating Infections.
- Its regular consumption provides relief from Constipation.